Whilst you can begin your pilot training at 14, there are some age restrictions before flying solo or obtaining your licence which you will find below. You do not need any prior qualifications to begin your pilot training either. We will teach you everything you need to know in order to fly and when it comes to the exams, we offer ground school sessions that you can take advantage of to prepare yourself. We will say, however, that at least a basic understanding of mathematics and physics is recommended before beginning the course.
There are no specific pre-entry requirements for this course, however:
- A Class 2 medical certificate must be held before first solo flight
- Students must be at least 16 years of age to fly solo
- Students must be 17 years of age before taking the final skill test
Our location at Humberside International Airport is fantastic for flight training because this is a relatively quiet international airport offering full ATC facilities and the challenge of coordinating with larger commercial traffic. The skills you learn here will help prepare you for flight at virtually any location in the world and indeed anywhere in the UK.
Once you have completed your course and qualified as a PPL(H) holder, you will hold a UK CAA licence.
- Minimum 45 hours flight training including 10 hours solo
- Solo 100nm Qualifying Cross Country with landings at 2 other airports
- Skill test with CAA flight examiner
- 9 multiple choice examinations
- Practical Radio Telephony examination
- Ground school as required (recommend at least one hour per exam)
- Course materials and equipment can all be bought in-house
Trial Lessons & Introductory Flights
EACH EXPERIENCE IS A FULL LESSON ENABLING YOU TO HAVE A FULL ONE-TO-ONE EXPERIENCE WITH A HIGHLY QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR.
Our aircraft has dual controls, allowing you the opportunity to have a go yourself.
All our Trial Lessons include a one-to-one pre-flight briefing, during which time the Instructor will introduce you to the basic principles of helicopter flight and answer any questions that you may have.
I bought my dad an hour flight experience as a present as it’s been on his bucket list. From initial enquiry to the actual day itself, the staff were... read more
May 20, 2019
I booked a trial lesson for my husband's Christmas present( he has a fear of flying) I'm so glad I did because I think he may of been cured !!... read more
July 30, 2019