- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a UK CAA PPL(H) or CPL(H)
- Passed all UK CAA CPL(H) or ATPL(H) theoretical exams
- Hold a UK CAA Class 1 or Class 2 medical certificate
- Have a total of 100 hours Pilot in Command (for CPL(H) holders)
- Have a total of 200 hours Pilot in Command (for PPL(H) holders)
- Passed a pre-entry test in the preceding 6 months
- Have a total of 250 hours prior to Assessment of Competence
Here at Hummingbird Helicopters, we have a wealth of commercial experience. We want to transfer and pass on our knowledge to the next generation of pilots coming into such a dynamic and exciting industry with our high standards of training at a great location in Humberside International Airport.
Humberside International Airport is a relatively quiet international airport offering full ATC facilities and the challenge of coordinating with larger commercial traffic. The skills you learn here will help prepare you for flight at virtually any location in the world.
Trial Lessons & Introductory Flights
EACH EXPERIENCE IS A FULL LESSON ENABLING YOU TO HAVE A FULL ONE-TO-ONE EXPERIENCE WITH A HIGHLY QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR.
Our aircraft has dual controls, allowing you the opportunity to have a go yourself.
All our Trial Lessons include a one-to-one pre-flight briefing, during which time the Instructor will introduce you to the basic principles of helicopter flight and answer any questions that you may have.
Want a great experience with knowledgeable, friendly pilot? Then book up for your experience. We booked a lesson for our son and even when the flight was cancelled due to... read more
February 1, 2017
I have been learning to fly with Hummingbird for over two years now, and now have achieved my Private Pilot License, Matt and the team have been there throughout the... read more
October 23, 2018