- EASA PPL(H)
- Current type rating on R22 or R44 as required for training
- 155 hours* total flight time on helicopters
- EASA ATPL(H) or CPL(H) Theoretical Examinations completed
- Class 1 medical certificate
*total hours requirement may be reduced for holders of PPL(A) or CPL(A)
Here at Hummingbird Helicopters, we have a wealth of commercial experience. We want to transfer and pass on our knowledge to the next generation of pilots coming into such a dynamic and exciting industry with our high standards of training at a great location in Humberside International Airport.
Humberside International Airport is a relatively quiet international airport offering full ATC facilities and the challenge of coordinating with larger commercial traffic. The skills you learn here will help prepare you for flight at virtually any location in the world.
- 30 hours day VFR flight training;
- of which 10 hours are simulated instrument flight
- 5 hours night VFR flight training;
- including 5 solo circuits including take-offs and landings
- Associated ground school and flight briefings
Trial Lessons & Introductory Flights
EACH EXPERIENCE IS A FULL LESSON ENABLING YOU TO HAVE A FULL ONE-TO-ONE EXPERIENCE WITH A HIGHLY QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR.
Our aircraft has dual controls, allowing you the opportunity to have a go yourself.
All our Trial Lessons include a one-to-one pre-flight briefing, during which time the Instructor will introduce you to the basic principles of helicopter flight and answer any questions that you may have.
I booked a trial lesson for my husband's Christmas present( he has a fear of flying) I'm so glad I did because I think he may of been cured !!... read more
July 30, 2019
My son bought me a trial lesson with Matt t Hummingbird and it was exhilarating. Matt was very informative and helpful and welcoming. The whole experience was great and you... read more
November 1, 2017